In this article we have taken our time to provide for you the steps on how to link your NIN to MTN.
As we all know, NIN also known as National Identification Number is a unique 11 digit number which is issued to every Nigerian by the National Identification Management Commission (NIMC) which serves as a crucial identifier for all Nigerian citizens.
The NIN serves as an accurate means of identification for every Nigerian and also prevents identity theft and fraud.
Benefits of Linking Your NIN To MTN
Linking your NIN to your MTN line provides a lot of benefits to you some of which include;
Easy SIM Replacement
Just in case your SIM get misplaced, the NIN makes it easy for it to be replaced, providing you access to your network provider again, not considering your loss.
Seamless Service Provision
Due tyo the recent Law endorsed by National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), linking your NIN to your MTN line provides you with uninterrupted access to range of activities offered by your network provider without having to worry about restrictions.
Linking your NIN to your MTN line adds an extra layer of authentication, reducing unauthorized access to your profile, thereby protecting your personal information.
Compliance with Government Rules and Regulation
As a patriotic Nigerian, it is important that you comply with Government rules and regulations, and the Nigerian government has made it mandatory for all citizens to link their NIN to all their network providers.
How To Link NIN To MTN
In order to link your NIN to your MTN line, you can use the following method;
- Through USSD
- Through NIMC Mobile App
- Through NIN Portal
To link your NIN to your MTNline using this method, simply do the following;
- Open the dialer app on your mobile device
- Dial *785#
- Select link NIN
- Input your NIN number
- Input your First Name and Last Name
- A confirmatory message will be sent to you.
Through NIMC Mobile App
To do this simply do the following;
- On your mobile device, download the NIMC mobile app
- Launch the application
- Input your NIN number
- Input your Mobile number
- An OTP will be sent to your Number, input it.
- Create a 6 DIGIT password which will be used for Login all the time.
- On your dashboard select Link my Number
- Add your number
- An OTP will be sent to that number to verify it
- Your NIN will be automatically linked to your Glo Line.
Through NIN Portal
To use this method, simply do the following;
- On your mobile device, launch your browser app
- Then Visit MTN NIN Portal
- Enter your correct details such as; First Name, Last Name, Middle Name (optional), Phone Number, National Identity Number (NIN), and Email Address.
- Click on submit.
Bonus: How To Get Your NIN
If you have not gotten your NIN, you can simply don so by doing the following;
Step 1: Gather Your Necessary Documents
Before proceeding to an NIMC enrollment center, you need to gather your necessary documents such as driving license, voter’s card, or international passport, and so on.
Step 2: Register at an NIMC Enrollment Center;
Once you can gathered your necessary documents, you need to;
- Locate the nearest NIMC enrollment center near you
- Fill the NIMC pre-enrollment form online
- Present the documents to the enrollment officer
- Have your biometric data (fingerprints and photographs) captured by the enrollment officer.
- Collect your transaction ID slip and wait for your NIN to be generated and issued to you.
With the above steps, linking your NIN to your MTN line has been made easy for you. Follow the steps and get your problem solved at an instant.