Finding a STEM scholarships for women can be quite easy if you take the right steps.
Most top organizations dedicate funds for STEM scholarships for women all over the world, with the sole aim of empowering women in STEM fields, giving them an upper hand in the labor market today.
Nowadays, women who are in STEM (science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields are considered exceptional both for employment and awards.
Top STEM Scholarships For Women Internationally
In this article, we have taken our time to organize some top STEM scholarships that are available for women all over the world. These scholarships include;
1. Google Women Techmakers Scholarship Program
This scholarship formerly known as the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program, offers women all over the world an opportunity to pursue their studies in the field of computer science.
The sole aim of this scholarship program is to create gender equality for women in the field of computer science, by encouraging women to excel in technology and also become leaders in this field.
- The scholarship awardee will receive €7,000 (or equivalent) scholarship.
- Also, the awardee will be granted a retreat opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors while participating in professional and personal development training and workshops.
- Scholarship awardee will also be granted to be a part of an online network with other fellow scholarship participants with the sole aim of sharing resources, supporting the global community of women in tech, and collaborating on projects to make a continued impact.
2. Microsoft Research Graduate Women’s Scholarships
This scholarship program is a one-year program for outstanding women who are graduates and intend to pursue their Ph.D. This program majorly supports women who are in their second year of postgraduate studies, this implies that interested women must first apply for their first year of postgraduate studies.
- The scholarship recipient will receive a total of US$20,000 for that academic session.
- $18,000 of the fellowship will be applied toward tuition costs, and $2,000 will be allocated toward travel allowance and fees for attending a conference in the fellowship recipient’s field of study.
3. Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship for Women from Developing Countries
This scholarship is offered by the Faculty for the Future fellowships, Launched by the Schlumberger Foundation.
Each year it awards this scholarship to women from developing countries who intend to pursue their Ph.D. or post-doctoral studies in physical sciences and related disciplines. Awardees are selected for their leadership capabilities and scientific talents and are expected to return to their home country to inspire other young women.
The value of this scholarship grant is based on the recipient’s location and university of study.
It is usually worth USD 50,000 for PhDs and USD 40,000 for Post-doctoral study.
4. MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for African Women at Wellesley College
This scholarship program was formed by a partnership between Wellesley College USA and MasterCard Foundation with the sole aim of educating African women.
Each year, It provides nine African women with comprehensive support that includes scholarship, mentoring, counseling, and internship opportunity.
- Training in relevant skills to help facilitate the employment process.
- Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life skill coaching.
- Scholarship grant that covers tuition fees, books and supplies, accommodation, and much more.
- Internship and career opportunities.
5. OWSD Elsevier Foundation Awards for Early-Career Women Scientists in Developing Countries
This scholarship program encourages women who are working and living in developing countries who are in the early stage of their scientific careers.
Awardees of this scholarship program must have demonstrated impact on the research environment, both at a regional and international level, and must have received their Ph.D. in the last ten years.
Scholarship awardees will receive a cash price of USD 5,000 which will be awarded during a special networking ceremony to be held at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), held every year in the U.S.A. Also, all expenses will be covered for the 5-day trip including registration and attendance of the conference, return airfare, hotel accommodation, and visa costs.
6. SAWISE Angus Scholarship for African Women in Science and Technology
The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering offers this scholarship opportunity for women students who are entering their Honours level/ 4th year of study.
The sole aim of this program is to support the idea of strengthening the role of women in science and engineering in Africa.
Awardees of this scholarship program will receive a total of R15 000.
7. OSCE-UNODA Women Scholarship for Peace and Security
The OSCE Scholarship for Peace and Security in partnership with UNODA is offering a training program for women on foundation skills and knowledge on conflict prevention and resolution, arms control and confidence and security building measures as well as on disarmament, non-proliferation and development-related issues from the perspective of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
- 15 full scholarships covering registration costs for the online and the in-person courses as well as travel and accommodation to attend the in-person course
- 35 partial scholarships covering registration costs for the online and the in-person courses
- 20 online course scholarships covering registration costs for the online course
8. AAUW International Fellowship for Women
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) fellowship program is awarded to women who intend to do full-time study or research in the United States. and are not citizens of the U.S. or permanent residents.
This fellowship is available for both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited US institutions.
- Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowship: $18,000
- Doctoral Fellowship: $20,000
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,00
9. Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering
This fellowship program is awarded annually to 35 talented women who intend to pursue their Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering all over the world.
- A fellowship grant of US$10,000 is awarded annually
- The Fellowship enables these women to invest in state-of-the-art computers to conduct their research, purchase expensive books and resource materials, and participate in specialized studies.
10. WAAW Foundation Undergraduate STEM Scholarships for Young African Women
The Working to Advance African Women (WAAW) foundation aims to increase the pipeline of African women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) related disciplines, and also work to ensure that this talent is deeply engaged in African innovation.
Awardees will receive a scholarship grant of $500 for the academic year, or its equivalent in their country’s local currency. This scholarship is renewable providing that awardees maintain an excellent academic performance.