Do you have an intention of becoming a resident in the US? If yes then this article is just for you. Getting an American Visa Lottery is not easy but we have taken our time to give you the steps you need to attain it.
The American Visa Lottery also known as the US Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery or Green card lottery is a program created by the Department of States that allows about 50,000 randomly selected people to obtain a Permanent Residency paper in the US.
This program aims to receive more diverse immigrants from countries with a lower immigration rate to the US.
The winner of the lottery program will be given permission to live in the US as a permanent resident and must enter the country within six months from the date the visa is issued.
Do I Need Money To Apply For The American Visa Lottery?
The most interesting fact about this program is that you do not need any money to apply. This means that application is free, you just need to apply.
If you are applying for the program through any agency such as iVisa, and so on, you may be charged some fee depending on what the agency is offering together with the application.
Requirements For Application
The most important requirement for the application of this lottery is your country’s eligibility. Before you apply, you need to find out if your country is eligible for the program.
Another important factor is education, you must have at least a high-school diploma or 2 years of work experience in the last 5 years that requires a minimum of 2 years of training.
Countries That are Eligible For American Visa Lottery
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic Chad
- Comoros Congo
- Democratic Republic of the Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Djibouti Egypt
- Equatorial Guinea
- The Ghana Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe Senegal Seychelles Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Denmark (including components and dependent areas overseas) Estonia
- France (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Ireland I
- Macau Special Administrative Region Macedonia
- Netherlands (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Northern Ireland
- Norway (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Portugal (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- San Mario
- Vatican City
SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, AND THE CARIBBEAN
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Cuba Dominica
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint
- Lucia Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Suriname
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Uruguay Venezuela,
How To Apply For US Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery
To apply for this program you need to fill out a simple online form.
It is always advisable to apply on time so that you can correct any errors before the DV lottery opens.
Once you are done with the application, always remember to save your confirmation number, so that you will be ale to know when you are selected.