Getting scholarships for healthcare students is not quite easy but with the right steps, you can achieve it.
Pursuing a medical degree is a dream for many aspiring health professionals all over the world. However, making this dream a reality is always difficult due to how expensive it is to enroll in medical school.
This high cost has become a barrier preventing most international students from pursuing their dream of becoming a healthcare professional.
Fortunately, they have fully funded scholarships for healthcare students that will help you achieve this dream.
That is why in this article, we have taken our time to organize for you some of the fully funded scholarships for healthcare students that will help you.
Benefits of Fully Funded Scholarships For Healthcare Students
Getting a scholarship as an aspiring medical professional will help provide you with so many advantages. Some of these advantages include;
- Financial Relief: Getting a medical degree often comes with high costs such as; tuition fees, textbooks, living expenses, clinical posting/training, and much more. All these things and more can be quite expensive, but a scholarship can help to reduce this financial burden.
- Networking Opportunities; Scholarship program brings together international students from diverse backgrounds and various countries. This coming together helps you build a network of relationships that will definitely help you while in school or later in the future.
- Access To Quality Education; Healthcare scholarship not only helps you to get into a medical school, but also provides you with quality education with exceptional educational programs, advanced facilities, and experienced faculty members. All these things will help enhance your learning experience.
- Career Advancement; Most scholarship programs also come with mentorship programs and internship opportunities which help to contribute to the professional development of you a medical student. These will definitely enhance your resume when applying for a job after school.
Fully Funded Scholarships For Healthcare Students
Just like we said earlier on, e have taken our time to provide you with some scholarships for healthcare students, they include;
1. Maxine Williams Scholarship
This scholarship award is provided by the American Association of Medical Assistants. It is usually awarded to students who have completed at least one semester of studies in a medical program.
This scholarship application is usually requested by the department director of the school.
- Applicants must demonstrate a 3.0GPA or higher
- Applicants must attend a CAAHEP-accredited program,
- Applicants must complete at least one semester of study.
2. Graduate Student Scholarship
This scholarship program is offered by The American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation.
It is offered to master’s- and doctoral-level students enrolled in speech pathology, communication sciences, or a related degree at an accredited school.
- Applicants must maintain current enrollment in a graduate program and show academic merit throughout their educational journey.
- Applicants must submit 3 recommendation letters, a university transcript, and an essay responding to specific questions about their goals.
3. Jimmy A. Young Memorial Education Recognition Award
The American Respiratory Care Foundation offers this scholarship to undergraduates who are working towards an accredited respiratory care degree.
Awardees will not only receive funding but also airfare and lodging for the annual American Association for Respiratory Disease.
- Applicant must possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Applicants must also provide letters of recommendation, proof of enrollment, and official transcripts
4. DNP/Ph.D. Student Scholarship
The NAPNAP foundation offers this scholarship program to nurse practitioners who intend to pursue their DNP/Ph.D. qualification in pediatrics.
- Applicant must have enrolled for a DNP or Ph.D. program focused on pediatrics in an accredited university.
- Applicants must have a current GPA of 3.5 or higher
5. Barbara A. Cooley Master’s Scholarship
This scholarship program is made available by the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
It offers this scholarship opportunity to master’s students who have already enrolled in a health education program at an accredited university.
- Applicants should have a GPA of 3.5
- Applicants should provide a CV, a three-part essay on their philosophy of education, and two letters of recommendation.
Read Also: Top 10 STEM scholarships For Women
6. HIMSS Foundation Undergraduate Foundation
This scholarship opportunity is offered to undergraduate students who are enrolled in a healthcare course at an accredited university.
- Applicants must submit their application online before the stipulated deadline
- Applicants must submit their application with two recommendation letters and a resume.
7. National Institutes of Health Undergraduate Scholarship Program
This scholarship program is offered to international students who are from a disadvantaged background and are seeking a health-related degree.
It also comes with paid research training during summers and paid employment after graduation.
- Applicants must maintain full enrollment in an accredited university.
- Applicants must maintain a GPA of 3.3
- Applicants must prove “exceptional financial need” as demonstrated by the table given on the NIH website.
8. AfterCollege/AACN Scholarship
After College in partnership with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, offers this scholarship program to students who are seeking to run a bachelor, master’s, and doctoral degree in Nursing.
The association gives special attention to those who intend on becoming nurse educators.
- Applicants must submit unofficial transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.
9. Dr. Francis Anthony Beneventi Medical Scholarship
This Dr. Francis Anthony Beneventi Medical Scholarship is offered to female students who have the intention of pursuing an accredited medical degree, regardless of location.
Students who are pursuing a pre-med, veterinary science or physician assistant degree do not qualify.
- Applicants must provide transcripts demonstrating a 3.25 GPA, along with letters of recommendation and an essay.