Have you been trying the Canada Visa application and it is not working, If yes then this article is for you.
Canada visa application is not quite easy but with the right steps, you can get lucky. The Canada visa allows you to enter Canada as a country legally to either stay temporarily or permanently.
Getting a Canada visa means that Canadian Consulate or Embassy in your home country decided that you are eligible and fulfill the requirements to enter into Canada. The visa is required from people that do not Have visa exemption or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) agreement with Canada
Types of Canada Visa
1. Temporary Canada Visa
This type of visa allows you to stay in Canada for a specific period of time. The time is determined by the Canadian Consulate or the Border Services Officers (BSO). It is normally up to six months.
This visa can either be single entry or multiple entry, the single entry allows you to enter Canada once, while the multiple entry allows you to enter Canada multiple times.
Temporary Visa are of many types, they include;
- Working Holiday Visa; this visa is given to people to come and work in Canada for a while and then travel
- Temporary Resident Permit; this visa is awarded to people who need to be in Canada but are not eligible for a resident permit. This permit is given for a period of time.
- Canada Temporary Work Visa; This visa is given to people who are given a temporary job offer to work in Canada
- Canada Student Visa; This visa is given to students who have been given admission into Canadian universities, and are going to be studying for more than six months.
- Canada Tourist Visa; This visa is given to anyone whose sole visit to Canada is tourism.
- Diplomatic and Official Visa; This type of visa gives permission to officials and diplomats from foreign countries to enter Canada for official duties.
- Canada Business Visa; This visa is given to those whose sole purpose of traveling to Canada is for business.
- Canada Facilitation Visa; Facilitation Visas are given to Canadian citizens with dual nationalities who do not have a Canadian passport but have a passport of another nationality.
- Visa to Give Birth in Canada; This visa is given to pregnant mothers whose sole purpose of coming to Canada is to give birth.
2. Permanent Canada Visa
This type of visa allows the holder to permanently settle in Canada. Permanent Canada Visa are of different types they include;
- Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP); This visa type is given to caregivers who are qualified to take care of the elderly, disabled people, or children and also live in private homes.
- Family-Sponsorship Program; This visa allows spouses and dependent children of Canadian citizens to immigrate to Canada permanently
- Self-employed Persons Visa; This type of visa is for people who have skills in business, athletics, culture, or farming and can be able to start their own business.
- Startup Visa Program; This visa is awarded to people who will contribute to the economy of Canada. They must have a net worth of at least CAD$300,000 and must commit to owning and managing at least one-third of a Canadian business as well as creating and maintaining employment within 3 years of being in the country.
- Immigrant Investor Program; This visa is awarded to people who will make investments in Canada in order to enhance the Canadian economy and must have a net worth of at least CAD$800,000.
3. Express Entry Visa
This type of visa is an electronic immigration program, designed by the Canadian government, that allows people from all over the world to apply for immigration to Canada based on their specific skills;
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP); This visa is given to people who are qualified in trades such as; Carpenters, Aircraft Mechanics, Crane Operators, Heavy-duty Equipment Mechanics, Electricians, Machinists, Ironworkers, Welders, Plumbers,
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP); This visa is given to people who have professions that are required in Canada.
- Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP); This visa is given to semi or low-skilled workers who can contribute to the Canadian economy through their work.
- Canada Experience Class; This visa is given to those who have a temporary student visa or a temporary workers visa and want to switch to permanent resident status.
Read Also: How To Apply For American Visa Lottery
Canada Visa Application
To apply for Canada Visa simply follow the steps below;
Step 1; Find out if you are eligible for a Canada visa
The Canadian government has made it easy for you to know if you are eligible for a Canadian visa. They have created different types of tests that evaluate the eligibility of applicants by asking them to fill out an online questionnaire. Your questions will be asked depending on the type of visa you want, these questions will let the system know if you are eligible to apply or not.
To be able to access these questionnaires, you need to
- visit their official website.
- click on the Immigration tab
- It will show you a drop-down list of options; Application, Visit, Immigrate, Work, Study, and others.
- Select the one that corresponds to the visa you want to apply for
- Click on Find out if you can apply” or “Find out if you are eligible”.
- It will then take you to a page where you will have to answer a questionnaire with respect to your request.
Once you are done, the system will show you the result; whether you are eligible or not.
Step 2. Create An Online Account
Once you are eligible to apply for a Canada visa, an email will be sent to you, you will then use the link in the email to create an online account.
There are two ways to create an account;
- Use your online banking login since the Canadian Government has partnered with many banks;
- Creating a Government of Canada login (GCKey)
Step 3: Compile the document file
Once you have created an account online, you then need to log in and start applying with your reference code, and then submit the list of documents that are required for the type of Canadian visa you want to apply for.
Step 4: Pay the fees
Once the system has verified that you have submitted the necessary documents, it will then take you to a payment page, where you will have to pay the Canada visa fees depending on the type of visa that you are applying for.
Step 5: Wait for the processing of your Canadian Visa
After payment, the Canadian embassy will then process your Canada Visa application for two weeks or even more, depending on the type of visa.
At times they might ask for your biometrics and also demand an interview, if so you may need to visit the Canadian embassy in your home country, where you will have to submit your photographs and fingerprint, as well as answer questions from a Canadian Embassy official.
The official will then determine whether you are fit to get a Canadian visa or not.
Step 6: Submit your passport and processing fees
If your application is successful, the next step is to submit your passport to the Canadian Embassy. This can be done by mailing it to the address of the Embassy in your country, together with processing fees.
The Embassy officials will receive your passport and fees, stamp the visa on your passport, and mail it back to you.
Can I Help Process Canada Visa Application For Someone?
If you are living in Canada and you have a family member who is abroad and you want to bring them to Canada for a visit you can write them a Letter of Invitation.
The letter of application must include the following information;
About the person you are inviting;
- Full name and date of birth
- The reason they want to come to Canada
- How long do they intend to stay in Canada and when they will leave
- Their contact information
- The relationship you share
- Where they will stay
- How they will finance their trip
- Your full name and date of birth
- Your occupation
- Your residential status in Canada (Canadian citizen or permanent resident)
- Your family details – names and dates of birth of your immediate family members (spouse and dependents)
- How many people live in your household
This letter of invitation does not guarantee that they will get a Canada Visa, but it may help.