Are you looking for scholarship opportunities in the US as a lady? If yes, then the AAUW International Fellowship is definitely for you.
In this article, we are going to guide you on the right steps you need to apply for the AAUW International Fellowship in the USA for women.
The AAUW International Fellowship is a fully funded scholarship program offered by the American Association of University Women(AAUW) for women who are not United States citizens who are seeking full-time study or research in the US. This scholarship program is available for both graduate and postgraduate studies.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship program;
- Applicants must have citizenship in a country other than the US or possess a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women with dual citizenship in the US and other countries are not permitted.
- Applicants must hold an academic degree earned in the US or abroad.
- Applicants must intend to devote themselves full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Applicants must intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career upon completion of their studies.
- Applicants must be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid TOEFL or IELTS score (TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based Test): 79; TOEFL Essentials: 8.5; Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test: 60; IELTS: 6.5)
- Applicants who are applying for a Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral program should apply to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year before the stipulated deadline on the official website.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree and also indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Applicants who are applying for a Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral program must be enrolled in a US-accredited institution during the fellowship year.
This scholarship program provides its recipients with the following benefits;
- Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $20,000
- Doctorate Fellowship: $25,000
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $50,000
This scholarship grant covers educational expenses, living expenses, travel to professional meetings, and much more.
How To Apply For The AAUW International Fellowship For Women
To apply for this fellowship, follow the steps below;
1. Ready the following documents;
- Your CV/Resume
- Letter of admission.
- Proof of highest degree.
- Proof of current enrollment (currently-enrolled applications only).
- Proof of bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree (postdoctoral applicants only).
- Official report of TOEFL test scores or waiver request.
- Three recommendation letters from professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background
2. Visit the official website and apply
3. Wait for a response.