If understanding the mind is your area of interest, then getting an online masters degree in psychology will be of help to you.
Psychology helps you to understand the ins and out of the human mind. You will learn about human behavior from different range of perspectives.
Getting this degree is also helpful for anyone working in the clinical settings and also in the business settings.
In order to pursue a masters degree in psychology, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree in psychology or any psychology related course.
You will then have to pick an area of concentration as early as possible.
Having an online masters degree in psychology can prepare you for different career path such as;
- School counselor
- Family therapist and much more.
You can also work in private sectors or business. Most big companies hire people with psychology degree in departments like human relations
If you want to take that next step in your career, then getting a masters degree in psychology is definitely the first step to take.
12 Institutions That Offers You An Online Masters Degree In Psychology
To make things easy for you, we have taken our time to organize 10 institutions that offers you an affordable online masters degree in psychology.
1. Tiffin University
Tiffin University’s masters degree is very affordable for you.
Each of the professors that will tutor you during the course of the program have acquired multiple years of experience in the psychological field. This means that you are definitely learning from the best.
You will learn how to understand the different processes behind human thoughts and actions.
2. University of Idaho
If you an interest in research on psychology, then this institution’s degree program is best for you.
The masters degree program focuses on human factors; that is how human and products interact.
You will also get to understand why people act and think the way they do.
The university will also provide you with internship opportunities that will prepare you for a better career in psychology.
3. Indiana Institute of Technology
If you are already working and you want to advance your career, then Indiana Institute of Technology’s masters degree program in psychology is perfect for you.
The course provides you with a strong foundation in both theory and research. It also teaches you how to use psychology in various settings such as business.
You will also learn how to use new technology and communicate with people around you.
4. Southern New Hampshire University
The online masters degree program in this institution offers students the opportunity to pick from three different concentration depending on where they want to work;
- If you have intentions of working for a major corporation, you’ll love the industrial organizational track.
- If working in the justice field is your intention, then you will learn what they need in the forensic track.
- If working with kids is more your thing, there is a track for child development.
You can access your classes at your own pace, that means classes are available 24/7
5. Capella University
Capella University’s masters degree program in psychology is flexible to fit your needs.
They institution offers their students the choice of two different class schedules;
- One option lets you take classes at your own speed. You can sign up for one or two at a time, and finish as many as you want over 12 weeks.
- The other option is set for you. You’ll take between one and three classes every 10-week quarter.
Once you are done with the course program, you will complete a project that helps you to integrate everything that you have learnt.
6. University of Northern Colorado
In order to access the online masters degree program in this institution, you will have to write a personal statement as part of your application.
You will also share a bit about your background and why you want to apply for the masters degree program.
You need a G.P.A of at least 3.0 to apply for the degree program.
During the course of the program, the classes are divided into three categories;
- First you will learn the basics about development and learning.
- Second you will take classes on research and statistics.
- Thirdly, you will take classes that focuses on setting you up for a successful career in psychology.
Read Also: 10 Online Master’s Programs in Art History
7. Eastern Kentucky University
Eastern Kentucky University’s masters degree program gives you the opportunity to earn one or two masters degree in psychology;
- The first masters degree focuses on analyzing behavior. This degree is great for anyone who wants to work in communities.
- The second option is a masters in industrial organizational psychology. This option is great for anyone who wants to work for big companies or small businesses.
The university offers many scholarship opportunities for online students, to help out with tuition cost.
8. Ottawa University-Online
This masters degree program is best for you if your focus is counseling.
During the course of the program, you will learn new information and learn how to apply them in the real world.
The program prepares you for counseling license exam and also gives you the opportunity to pick a concentration among different counseling option. For instance You can focus on gero-counseling and work with the elderly. If you’re passionate about your faith, you could study Christian counseling, and much more.
9. Grand Canyon University
If you want to advance your career in psychology, then Grand Canyon University’s masters degree program is the best for you.
The classes takes about eight weeks and focuses on different topics. During the course of the program you will learn about the different types of psychology.
You will also take classes on topics like human development.
10. Bellevue University
Bellevue University offers you a masters degree in mental health counseling.
This masters degree program is good for anyone who want to pursue a career in counseling.
During the course of the program, you will learn the four basic skills needed to be counselor.
You will also learn about understanding problems and creating a plan to solve them.
11. Fayetteville State University
If you run a busy schedule, the this masters degree program is for you.
The program is designed to teach you about the broad application of psychology field.
You don’t need an entrance exam to enroll into this program.
The program will help prepare you for a job in the industry. You will require six credits of psychological electives and seven different classes to pick from.
12. University of North Dakota
The University of North Dakota’s masters degree program in psychology offers students two tracks to choose from;
- School counseling, which is great for anyone who wants to work with students.
- Clinical mental health, which is great for anyone who wants to work in a hospital or private office.
Give it a Try
We have successfully taken our time to provide you with some institutions that offers you an online masters degree in psychology. Why not give a try and see what its worth.